Thursday, March 24, 2011

Okay, I don’t like to dust.  But this morning I looked at the kitchen china closet and seeing excessive dust I found the dust cloth.  I am particularly attracted to teapots in the cabinet and my collection is varied.  I have teapots from favorite vacation spots and teapots given to me as gifts.  I love my Scotland teapot with its national flower, the Thistle.  Can you believe a Thistle, basically outlawed in our farm fields, is the national flower of Scotland!  The artwork is very detailed with each tiny Thistle appearing very wispy.  A teapot set from Germany has an Asian feel to it.  And my Humpty Dumpty teapot and tea cups are perfectly painted in pastel yellow, green, blue, and ivory.  In fact, all of the teapots I collect seem very detailed and precise except for one, painted and glazed by Nancy at a Girl Scout meeting.  My teapot collection is really no different than my favorite fabrics in the store.  I like precision and detail.  I love florals.  And of course, I think baby nursery fabrics are so perfect…But I am attracted to the abstract and free form, similar to my teapot from Nancy.

New Fabrics are arriving into our shop.  Free Spirit Anna Marie Horner’s “Innocent Crush” and Denyse Schmidt’s “Greenfield Hill” are outstanding.  We hope to see you at the Nebraska Shop Hop from March 31-April 10, 2011. 
Check our website for extended hours. http://www.ilovesewingonline.com/






No comments:

Post a Comment