Friday, October 22, 2010


 Oops.  It happened again.  Dee is off to the football game and Zac says “I suppose we are going early so we can check out a quilt store.”  She can’t help it.  A magnet draws her to quilt stores when on road trips.  In fact I’m pretty certain some of her trips are designed around quilt stores.  She’ll say “Let’s go to KC to look at furniture” but invariably no furniture Is bought and instead she has visited every quilt store between home and KC.  Or maybe “We should go to a Broncos” football game but it’s really code for seeking out quilt stores west of Lincoln.  Dee reminds me of my trips to quilt stores disguised as outings to enjoy the beautiful weather.  You are not alone when family members doubt your reason for some road trips.  You know, I really don’t think Zac minds going to quilt stores.  He knows the quilts will end up at his house and he really does love and cherish them.  After all, his Mom made them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment